Internet marketing . . . what is it and can anybody do it? Yep, of course, some people are better at it than others, some people do it and they don’t even know that they’re doing it . . . some people have studied the fine art of internet marketing for years and make a lot of money telling other people how to do it! So what is it?
Internet marketing is . . . well, it’s broadly divided into the following types.
- Display Advertising – you know how newspaper advertising works, right, putting a display advertisement into a newspaper or magazine, well internet display advertising is similar – you place a banner ad onto a third party website which drives traffic to your own website when people click on it. This is a very popular method of internet marketing and can help to increase your product awareness, providing that you put your banner ads onto well visited websites which attract the sort of readers which might also be interested in your product or products.
- Search Engine Marketing (SEM) - this is a little more involved and technical than display advertising, it’s actually the art of promoting your website by increasing the visibility of it in search engine results. This can be done in a variety of ways; paying for advertisements placement, contextual advertising and paid inclusion, as well as free methods of search engine optimization.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) – this is where internet marketing starts to get really interesting and exciting, unfortunately it’s also the area where some people will charge lots of money for very little in the way of results. Okay, SEO companies and experts really can help with your internet marketing, but watch out for cowboys! Right, SEO, what is it? It’s basically how you can improve the search engine rating of your website so that it’ll appear at the top of the search results. You know when you go into Google or Yahoo to search for “macrame for beginners” for example, well, you want your company to be at the top of page 1 (if your web page is about macrame anyway). SEO is all about getting your website to the top of the listings, for free . . . there are ways and means but it takes a lot of time and patience.
He’s great. Mind you – a couple of points . . . (1) with that writing maybe he should have considered a career in medicine, and (2) did his Mom buy that shirt? Sorry dude, great video, very clear and helpful – thank you!
- Social Media Marketing – this is probably the fastest growing of all types of internet marketing, gaining traffic to your website through social media websites like Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn. It’s amazing how quickly a corporate message can spread . . . like wildfire . . . especially if it appears to have been started by a third party who liked your product, for example, rather than the owner of the company. Social media marketing can be very effective and is relatively inexpensive . . . no wonder it’s catching on so quickly.
- Email Marketing – this was one of the first types of internet marketing, which can still be very effective for companies to this day. It simply involves sending a marketing email directly to the “inbox” of your potential clients. That’s why many websites ask for you to register your email address before directing you to the goodies . . . so that they know your email address and can send marketing emails to you in the future. Maybe this type of internet marketing is something you should think about for your website.
- Referral Marketing – the original and best type of any marketing, including internet marketing . . . word of mouth. These days this type of internet marketing is kind of tied in with social media marketing, ‘cos that’s how thousands of people communicate these days . . . nobody actually talks to each other any more!
- Affiliate Marketing – this is a very popular method used by lots of the “big fish” on the internet . . . Amazon in particular. Affiliate marketers do the work for you, and get paid for their efforts. Every time a product is sold, or a website is visited through a link from an affiliates website, the affiliate gets paid. There are some affiliates out there who can make a huge amount of cash by this type of internet marketing.
Very clear and well put together video . . . cheers dude!
- Content Marketing – you’ve gotta have great content on your website these days, period. In the “olden days” when the internet was just a baby, websites were written for the benefit of those search engines, and when you clicked onto the website what did you find? Nuthin’ . . . just a load of keywords strung together and no useful information at all. Well, nowadays things are different . . . if you write great, interesting and helpful content then people will keep on coming back to your website for the latest update . . . returning customers, hmmmm, that sounds like a good idea.
That’s a great video on content marketing, I couldn’t have said it better myself.
- Article Marketing - this is another great method of internet marketing . . . I mean, lots of people write articles anyway, just for the helluvit . . . but imagine those articles helping you to make money. Article marketing works by submitting your articles to websites like Ezine which is a great way to promote yourself, your business and increase your online presence. Internet marketing at its best.
He seems to know what he’s talking about
- Network Marketing – this form of internet marketing has been going for many years longer than the internet, although internet network marketing has risen to a whole new level. Network marketing is simply utilizing a network of independent representatives to reach your customers, and your potential customers . . it’s kind of like an online franchise.